Sunday, April 25, 2010

Since I have been writing about interests of my childhood and teens, how about movies?  I loved them and I had lots of favorites. I think my all time fave star is
ESTHER WILLIAMS





You can see how much I adored her -- if anyone could sit through those filmsy plots dotted with musical numbers by lame musicisions (Xavier Cugat might have been popular, but not with me) and so-called actors -- poor Esther and  her minions never had a chance. I do love the Busby Berkeley stuff however.

Other favorites:


I thought Audie Murphy was adorable, but I can't remember the name of one of his films. He was a war hero but he suffered from PTSP, poor guy.

I liked this movie a lot and always thought Stewart Granger was a hunk.
Even better was the fact it was directed in 1955 by Fritz Lang, a master of film
The ultimate overdressed hero.


No comments:

Post a Comment